At IKEA, we do things a little different. We think differently, act differently, and work differently as well. We like to break things, like rules. More so we like to make things, like music-playing lamps, and beds disguised as sofas, even plantballs that help us look after our planet. It’s all part of our vision - to create a better everyday life for the many. This has been keeping our co-workers going for over 75 years. By 2030, we hope to help millions more to look forward to going home. Maybe you can help us?
IKEA Components holds a unique position within the IKEA value chain. We develop and supply IKEA with customer friendly component solutions for better products – and better homes. This includes a responsibility for selected components and raw-material, which means develop, purchase and supply to IKEA suppliers. IKEA Components also have the assignment to provide After Sales service of components to the end customers.
We are currently on an exciting journey with the IKEA retail equipment range and IKEA Industry activities within purchase which has joined IKEA Components. All with the common ambition to deliver more customer value together, reduce the total supply cost and continue to grow our business and people.
We are now looking for a Market Developer who will contribute to total IKEA business through developing relations and market activities with concerned Home Furnishing Suppliers and IKEA Purchasing in the area of components needed for final IKEA products.
Your main assignments as Market Developer are:
• Building close business partnership with IKEA suppliers and IKEA Purchasing & Logistics Areas
• Securing the best buy for IKEA suppliers and continuously developing the offer
• Collecting demands, needs and expectations and providing market knowledge
• Being responsible for development of market activities for IKEA Purchasing
• Creating network and securing common agenda with relevant internal stakeholders in order to develop the business, maximise IKEA benefit and achieve our goals
• Leading the offer process based on the collected demands, needs and expectations from IKEA Suppliers
• Monitoring competitors on the market to secure competitiveness
We want you, because:
• You have minimum 3 years working experience in market or sales development, preferable in a multinational environment
• You have excellent skills in working with the price set up in Supply Chain
• You are knowledgeable in the area of economics and finance
• You have excellent communication skills, you can build and maintain business relations perfectly
• You have basic technical knowledge about materials and function of components
• You are flexible and you can deal with various situations
• You have great convincing skills, you are assertive type of a person
• You speak English fluently
• You have capability to see things in a holistic view
• You are energetic and dynamic personality
• You are passionate about people and leading the business
About the assignment:
This position is full time and based in our office in Warsaw, Poland, Purchasing and Logistic Area Central Europe. You will report to Market Manager and you will belong to the team which is located not only in Warsaw but also in one of our factories in Slovakia.
At IKEA, we believe that we’re better when we’re physically together for collaboration, dialogues, and conversations. We believe in the power of human interactions; the informal chats, the energy, belonging, and creativity generated by people being in the same place. Our approach is that we spend most of our time in the IKEA workplace, with the flexibility to work from home.
Submit your application as soon as possible however not later than December 4th 2022. Please note that we will be interviewing continuously, which means that we may close the application process earlier than stated, if we find the right candidate.
We are looking forward to receiving your application in English!