As Accounting & Reporting Specialist you will steer and support our overall financial reporting and provide accounting and reporting services. Your responsibilities will include but are not limited to;
• Contribute to the accurate and timely execution, preparation of cash management reporting and support financial reporting in compliance with INKGA and Local regulations.
• Maintain and secure the right level of quality accounting and reporting as a base for business steering and compliance
• Review quality issues and communicate to the team and/or country group to organise remediation
• Responsible for various types of reconciliations, analytical review, analysis and maintaining effective internal controls
• Prepare, post and reconcile journal entries & balance sheet accounts related to payroll, fixed assets, cashflow and treasury.
• Carry out internal and external audit related work, yearly filing and other compliance activities
• Maintain cross-organisation readiness and continued business growth in terms of competence, performance and succession through enabling an end-to-end approach
• Assist in preparation of annual income tax returns, and complete other statutory returns as needed (FBT, BAS, etc)
The Financial Controlling Function enables our business to transform and secure long term profitable growth and independence through financial steering and decision support, operational excellence and compliance, supporting strong compliance framework and effective governance.
Together as a team
We see ourselves as influencers – we steer the IKEA business by finding the truth behind the figures. Together we secure compliance with local and international laws and reporting standards; we assure that accounting processes are efficient and that tax compliance meets business needs. We’re a diverse group of people driven by providing reliable financial data to a wide variety of stakeholders. At the end of the day, that’s one of the foundations to make IKEA even better!
This permanent position is based in Tempe, Sydney Service Office.