As one of the important categories in Category Area Electronics and Home Accessories, we are passionate about making our Lighting and Home Electronics range even more beautiful, affordable, sustainable and accessible to the many people. With 55 co-workers and around 50 suppliers & partners across the world, the category is responsible for supplying, developing, and implementing materials, constructions and techniques for the production of lamps, light sources, clocks, speakers, batteries and IKEAs home smart range. We have business both in Asia and Europe and we are also looking into establishing business in more regions.
Now we are looking for Product Engineer, located in Shenzhen , China.
Product Engineer will be responsible for a variety of responsibilities as below:
• Lead and involve the right resources in Purchasing to secure the product development (NEWS and MOVES) projects of medium or high complexity are delivered on time and with quality • Lead product development at the factory floor from a technical point of view and secure scalability for further implementation at other suppliers
• Participate in Contract Review and lead implementation of product documentation connected to new articles as well as product improves • Secure that the product is at correct quality level according to IKEA Documentation (including packaging and P0010, tested, and complying with relevant Standards, Demands, and Guidelines) • In cooperation with supplier and Product Compliance specialist, secure and verify that all IKEA requirement documents are correct, complete and available in the IT system at first delivery • Contribute to the development projects from a technical perspective, with competence in construction, material, production, quality and customer expectations • Actively identify put forward and execute Product Improvements with priority to satisfy customers, as well to utilize material and energy in an efficient way • Conduct Production Risk Assessments for new products together with production engineer • Register product and arrange for Gate check before First Delivery • Secure the 1st batch production and First delivery inspection are completed and approved
We are looking for people with
· Deep knowledge of product development processes (e.g. DPOP, SDP, PDP) and technologies.
· Good grasp of IKEA total supply chain and Total Cost approach.
· An urgent, uncompromising attitude about quality. You don’t settle for less.
· A process-oriented, structured approach – plus a keen analytical ability.
· Project leadership and cooperating in teams to ensure product quality and customer satisfaction – always at reasonable prices.
· A talent for big-picture decision-making and problem-solving; always considering the needs of customers, suppliers, and the entire IKEA value chain.
· Growth mind-set and entrepreneurial spirit – open, agile approach that helps identify and adapt to opportunities in the market and supply chain.
· User-centric focus – responding to what customers really want and need to live a better everyday life.
· Experience from IoS product development or Product Requirement and compliance PR&C.
Affected co-workers within change scope will have priority over other internal applicants with similar competence levels
Please send us your application in English – CV and letter of motivation – 10th May 2022 at the latest. We really want to get to know you, so make sure you tell us why you would be a good fit.