Dostupné pozice > Facilities Specialist, IKEA Damansara
The IKEA vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people. We do this by offering a wide range of well-designed, functional home furnishing products at prices so low that as many people as possible can afford them. We operate in Singapore, Malaysia and Thailand – and have an ambitious expansion plan to bring a little bit of Sweden to new markets in the region. We are part of the Ikano Group of companies and the only IKEA franchisee owned by the Kamprad family that founded IKEA.
We also develop, own and operate Shopping Centres that are anchored by IKEA and create walkable communities by including residential, office and other types of real estate in our development plans.
We work towards making sustainability a natural part of our everyday work. We are active in our communities, driving and supporting social initiatives that benefit children, women and the environment.
As an FM Specialist, you will use your functional and technical expertise to manage the built asset; both building facilities and the store in order to create an environment that strongly support the core business of IKEA. You are to ensure that the work we do and what we procure from our contractors, is done safely and in order as per our standards and policies.
- You are the expert in maintaining, servicing and repair of all plant and equipment in store, including the fabric of the building and surrounding grounds. You will help investigate, and take corrective actions to overcome technical problems. Support the development and implementation of solutions, trouble shoot on day to day operational problems of facilities and property management. Take charge on all emergency control on and off hours.
- You conduct scheduled & reactive inspections on the property listed equipment & systems.
- You regularly check customer service areas and bathroom facilities and taking corrective action where required. Ensure all plant rooms and equipment stores are clean, tidy, dry, and pest free and secured from unauthorised access.
- You investigate and trouble shoot all equipment failures and malfunctions before calling outside repairmen, affect limited repairs that is within IKEA's own in house maintenance team ability and capability. If the issue is unforeseen, discuss / evaluate maintenance problem / service calls and agree to service delivery solution before calling in Service Office.
- You coordinate and supervise work performed by outside contractors for maintenance as per IKEA Policy, Supervise the works of contractors in compliance with their PPM, in house rules, safety and emergency procedures, Ensure that the services and assets are being delivered and maintained to IKEA SEAMEX expectations. Monitor FM contracts for compliance, while ensuring they comply with their scope of works, delivering best products & services at minimum expense.
- You obtain and maintain a list of all third party servicing and repair team ensuring all building structures and systems are kept in good working condition at all time.
- You perform other duties as required that can reasonably be expected of such a position.
- Property, Technical or Engineering Degree or Diploma; or equivalent;
- 3 - 5 years’ working experience in facilities management/ maintenance management/building operations maintenance preferably with specialization in huge retail environment;
- Hands on knowledge in handling all technical aspects of building and facilities (air-conditioning system, chiller, cooling tower, fire alarm system, boom gates and ticketing system among others);
- Well versed in all laws governing the building management;
- Good team player and ability to work well with others;
- Able to anticipate issues before they arise and recommend appropriate solutions.
You are invited to the Life at Home journey with IKEA. Click >>here* to begin your journey. Kindly note that your job application will be processed when you complete the assignment.
*If you can't access the link, please go to the original job posting at Smart Recruiter.
Working with us has its rewards
Wherever you work within IKEA Southeast Asia, you enjoy a wide range of benefits. Here are just some of them:
Co-workers are our most values customers and are entitled to a 15% discount on any home furnishings and food sold in our stores, from the first day of work.
We offer flexi benefits to cater our co-workers who are in different life stages with differing benefits needs. Within an annual Flexible Spending Account, co-workers can claim against dental, optical, fitness memberships or classes, vaccination or immunisation, non-insured outpatient medical expenses, health screenings, health supplements, IKEA purchases, health aid & equipment and mental health.
Maternity and paternity leave
We give mother four consecutive months of maternity leave and father receives four weeks of paid time off after a baby has arrived to help share the joys – and responsible – at home.
We enjoy special occasions together and give tokens to mark birthdays, marriage, the arrival of a baby. We reward loyalty through our Long Service Awards/
As home furnish experts, we take pride in providing inspiring workplaces that showcase IKEA products and create a relaxed, open atmosphere where we work side by side.
All co-workers may earn an annual financial reward when we meet our shared business objectives.
All co-workers are given free parking.
Please apply by 31 August 2022.