Dostupné pozice > Painter & Decorator
At IKEA, it is so much more than a job.
IKEA Nottingham are looking to welcome a new Painter & Decorator to their Communication & Interior Design team!
Due to health & safety candidates must be over 18 years of age!
Start date: discussed with hiring manager at interview stage.
WHAT WE OFFER:
• £10.10 basic hourly rate, increasing to £10.90 in January 2023.
• Living Wage Foundation Employer
•30 hours working 5 days over 7, approx. 6 hours a day. Monday to Friday 05:30am - 11:30am occasional night shifts & weekend working, may be required throughout the year when the store has range changes.
WORKING WITH US HAS ITS REWARDS:
Our co-workers bring unique ideas and talent to work every day and we offer a variety of benefits that suit their and their family's everyday needs.
• 15% co-worker discount & I-Benefits discount portal helping you save £100’s on Highstreet retailers
• Free & Confidential Employee Assistance Program and Wellbeing Portal
• X3 Life Assurance, enhanced statutory pension contributions & interest free loans
• Flexi Holiday Plan
• Family Friendly childcare & wellbeing support
• Commitment to your development throughout your IKEA career, starting on your first day
• Free parking and you can also enjoy a free hot or cold meal option every shift!
WHAT YOU'LL NEED TO HAVE:
We are the ones meeting our customers – in our stores, online, in our catalogue and beyond. Together with thousands of colleagues around the world we’re a diverse team working for the continued global success of the IKEA Concept.
A keen DIY enthusiast that takes pride in everything they do! Do you have the ability to wallpaper, paint 7 tiling.
Are you curious about life at home and co-creating the wonderful everyday with our customers? Then we have the job for you. We are looking for someone who is confident in approaching customers and treats them in a polite and friendly manner.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for people, an eagerness to learn and will embrace change with a solution-orientated approach to the many challenges and tasks that present themselves. You will have the ambition to grow within IKEA and to help develop others too. In IKEA we place great emphasis on leading others and ourselves with a positive approach, even during the busiest and most challenging times.
Your self motivated and can work independently and also function well within a team environment. You have a fexible hands on approach to responsibilities and the ability to meet set deadlines.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING DAY TO DAY:
• Support Interior designers, Visual merchandisers, Activities specialist and Graphic communication specialist with paint and basic electric work in the most cost-effective way
• Complete different types of medias based on briefs from IDs, VMs and graphics e.g. roomsets, vignettes, vitality areas etc.
• Actively participate in remodels, rebuilds and other projects in the store
• Maintain 'Store in shape as new' in all customer and co-workers' areas
• Ensure accurate costing, effective ordering and sourcing of all materials for painting.
• Contribute to the development and implementation of the annual Com&In action plan.
• Adhere to the department's administration routines.
• Support and develop co-operation with fellow co-workers. through working closely together, sharing knowledge and showing understanding of each other responsibilities in order to present the range in most commercially profitable way
• Utilise the Concept Description, documentation and manuals together with relevant tools to develop the business and yourself.
• Through your own example contribute to an environment where the IKEA culture is a strong living reality that embraces the diversity of co-workers and customers
• Promote a safe working environment for fellow co-workers, customers and visitors in line with the HASAW Act., Group Risk Manual and the IKEA Health and Safety policy, by reporting any safety hazards, concerns or ideas for improvement.
• Carry our any reasonable requests asked by management team
• Remain flexible and proactively look for opportunities to help in other areas your function and where appropriate the larger store environment.
WE CARE FOR THE PEOPLE:
It takes the diversity of thought, background, and culture to make great ideas a reality. We welcome candidates from all walks of life to join us, where we feel valued for our uniqueness and recognised for our diverse talents.
RECRUITMENT PROCESS INFORMATION:
If you have any special requirements during the interview process, please let us know as soon as possible.
First step, please attach an updated CV with your application so we can get to know you better.
Come see things a little differently with us and be part of creating a better everyday life for the many.
IKEA reserves the right to close a job vacancy earlier than originally advertised.
For any advice or support, email me @ email@example.com and I will be happy to help!