IKEA Industry Nantong is part of the Flatline unit of IKEA Industry Group. It is located in the New & High-tech Industry Development Zone, Nantong, Jiangsu Province. It covers an area of around 140, 000 square meters and has about 400 co-workers. Industry Nantong was established in 2012, and officially went into production in September, 2013. It is a highly automated furniture production demonstration company invested by IKEA Industry Group in China. Since its opening, Industry Nantong has been committed to realising the IKEA vision, and providing customers with home furnishing products with good quality and affordable prices. The company has created a high-quality, high-performing and competitive furniture manufacturing factory with measures that increase efficiency and reduce costs such as developing new materials, investing in new technologies, improving standardised processes. In terms of sustainable development, Industry Nantong actively respond to the call of the nation and fulfill its social responsibilities. In 2015, with the support of IKEA Industry Group, it invested 28 million RMB in solar photovoltaic power generation, generating power of 3.5 million kWh annually, achieving an annual reduction of CO2 emissions by 3,600 tons. All raw and packaging materials used by the factory are FSC certified, ensuring that the wood comes from quality managed and sustainably developed forests; and the factory is also committed to turning production waste into treasure, with a waste reuse rate of 95%. In recent years, Industry Nantong has been awarded the title of "Top 100 Enterprise" by Tongzhou District, Nantong City for several years in a row. In 2016, it was awarded "Smart Manufacturing Workshop of Jiangsu Province"; in 2019, it was awarded the advanced “Authorized Enterprise Organisation (AEO)”; and in 2020, it was awarded the "Level 2 Safe Production Standardised Enterprise". In the future, IKEA Industry Nantong will continue to practice our business idea of " offer a wide range of well-designed, functional home furnishing products at prices so low that as many people as possible will be able to afford them”, ensuring that the production process is safe and green, constantly improving our certifications and management systems, adhering to the unique IKEA culture and values, and striving to become a model for the home furnishing industry.Job description
- Lead the running range towards the factory and secure that the supply chain is robust with an effective quality management system, right quality and full compliance to IKEA requirement at all time.
- Responsible for supplier development of quality and manufacturing with a long-term view to identify and implement action of related projects to secure the quality requirement of the products, capacity, throughput and cost expectation.
- Lead industrialization of minor new product development and contribute with competence to other new developments incl. product/production risk assessment.
- Be the communication channel between factory and other IKEA units regarding product requirement.
- Be an ambassador of IKEA values always and do business with Fact-based Business Leadership.
- FSC and IWAY Forestry representative of factory.
- Good English skillMore Information
- Solid knowledge & experience in production processes and technology
- Good at teamwork/communication/cooperation
- Candidate with supplier management experience and lean knowledge would be preferred.