The IKEA brand is one of the most successful home furnishing brands in the world. We are a values-driven company with a passion for life at home. Our vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people.
You see things a little differently. So do we. We believe that what you values are more important than what your CV says. We offer positions that will challenge your skills and let you grow. Come see things a little differently with us.
Supply Chain Operations (SCO) connects customers with IKEA products in a simple, affordable, and sustainable way. It delivers transport and logistic solutions today, tomorrow and over time by (a) optimizing replenishment solutions (b) defining physical goods flow capacity needs (c) sourcing and developing transport & logistics capacities (d) managing the goods flow (e) leading & securing supply quality.
• Lead, organize and manage all Facility Management services required to maintain the building and the site in accordance with IKEA’s standard and legal demands.
• Responsible to secure that all material handling equipment and building installations fulfill all demands when it comes compliance to local legislation and company demands.
• Act as first point of contact for all departments to support and resolve facilities problems, technical needs, and incidents handling
• Co-ordinate with Operations and People & Culture on issues related to occupational hazards and health & safety issues (i.e.: IWAY)
• Contributes as Technical Service in the triangle between IT Operations Support Technical Service
• Lead Facility Management projects, when applicable
• Lead and run tender processes for outsourcing FM services, when applicable. Additionally, for Facility Manager: Recruits, develop and manage a team of Facility Specialists
• Facility Management – extensive knowledge of maintenance and technical aspects related to management of facilities gained through formal education or relevant working experience
• Logistics and Warehousing – advanced understanding of operations and processes
• Service Management – good knowledge of (internal) customer needs and how to create and manage FM services that meet their needs
• Sustainability – good knowledge of sustainability direction, impact and expectations on facility management of warehousing units
• Health, Safety & Security – good knowledge of laws, processes, and working methods
• Local legislation - Knowledge of specific requirements and demands relevant to facility management of warehousing units
• (For Facility Manager: knowledge of People Management processes specific to IKEA) Motivation
• Challenging and stimulating work • Being in the service of others • Responsibility
• Caring for people and planet
• Solving problems and finding better ways
• Able to achieve results together with a team
• Be able to both go into details and keep and overview of how each part of the system affects the totality
• Able to structure information and data to build plans, set priorities and act
• Able to develop and maintain good relationship with a wide variety of stakeholder from both inside and outside the company
• Able to negotiate in the best interest of the company • Able to take decisions and coordinate others under stressful situations
• Able to set ambitious standards for ethics and adherence to IKEA’s Code of Conduct
The location of this position in Foshan. We are look forward to receiving your application in English. Please note that we will be interviewing continuously so do not delay, send in your application today!