The IKEA vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people. We do this by offering a wide range of well-designed, functional home furnishing products at affordable prices . We are part of IKEA Al-Homaizi Limited, operating in three countries - Kuwait, Jordan, and Morocco.
Our keywords are Home, People, Happiness, Development, Leadership, Inclusion & Diversity, All with Passion!
Join us to bridge your dreams and unique ideas within an organization that believes in People !Job description
- A day in your life with us:
- Ensure all IKEA IT operations in the store functioning well
- Support IKEA coworker’s hardware and applications related issues.
- Coordinate and communicate with IKEA vendors and service office IT colleagues to work together on project and IKEA applications issues.
- Maintain and Monitor the workstations, Laptops, Printers and Data Center Hardware.
- Monitor daily backups of IKEA. Troubleshooting and making sure to check if any failure of backups.
- Monitoring and recording all the IT Asset and hardware for audit purposes.
- Provide input on what digital equipment/products might be in risk of downtime and suggest solutions to ensure the business continuity plan is secured and in place for all critical equipment/products
- Perform preventive maintenance and routine monitoring to include creation and follow-up of a service
- Schedule for fixed assets, daily and weekly review of all applicable monitoring tools in order to identify and avoid potential business interruptions
- Take necessary decisions and actions to solve issues, as well as prioritize issues according to business needs, and know when and how to escalate an issue in the support chain
- Upto 5 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Engineering
- Excellent troubleshooting and issue handling skills.
- Controlling data center and troubleshooting experience.
- Should have an experienced background of how to handle switches, computers, laptops and corporate servers.
- Communication skills should be very clear in both written and spoken
A few more details for you
This position is full-time and is located in Kuwait.
Please send your CV in English and tell us why you would be a good fit for this role.