The IKEA vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people. We do this by offering a wide range of well-designed, functional home furnishing products at affordable prices . We are part of IKEA Al-Homaizi Limited, operating in three countries - Kuwait, Jordan, and Morocco.
Our keywords are Home, People, Happiness, Development, Leadership, Inclusion & Diversity, All with Passion!
Join us to bridge your dreams and unique ideas within an organization that believes in People !Job description
Can you capture a story in one sentence, but still see the big picture? Come and share your talent with us.
About the job
As the store graphic communication leader you are responsible for ensuring all graphic communication in and outside the IKEA store complies with IKEA visual and copy identity guidelines. You also actively share your expertise in graphic design with your team to ensure the uniqueness of the IKEA Brand stands out visually to distance the IKEA store from the competition.
A day in your life with us:
- Contributing to positioning the IKEA store as the first choice for home furnishing in your local market.
- Taking a leading role in overseeing the complete range of customer store communication.
- Applying your extensive knowledge and understanding of people’s life a home and their buying behaviour to improve graphic communication inside and outside the IKEA store to facilitate the buying process.
- Ensuring IKEA graphic communication is clear, consistent, understandable, uncluttered and correctly placed.
- Using your graphic design skills, the IKEA Concept and IKEA visual and copy identity to create and implement graphic solutions that support commercial priorities and our visual uniqueness.
- Develop, implement and evaluate store communication strategies that support a convenient shopping experience by using the knowledge about life at home and shopping behaviour in the local market.
- Actively contribute in the network of store Graphic Communication Leaders and share proven solutions, best practices and guidelines with the team in the store.
- Set clear expectations and standards regarding routines and responsibilities, work together with the team and other store functions, act quickly on commercial opportunities and understand the impact of your actions on the financial results.
- Secure high standards for good visual balance and consistency, quality and simplicity, cost-efficiency and sustainability in producing and implementing all store communication.
- Keep up to date and knowledgeable about home furnishing, communication and retail design trends to generate creative directions that inspire and surprise store visitors through the IKEA visual and verbal identity.
- A solid background of working in a graphic communications team within an IKEA company, an advertising agency or retail design studio.
- Computer proficient with extensive experience of using graphic design software and production tools.
- A deep passion, curiosity and understanding of home furnishing and people’s everyday life at home.
- Enjoying taking responsibility and acting as an inspiring and motivating leader.
- Desire to seek out opportunities that improve the way we work, thereby minimising financial and environmental costs.
A few more details for you
This position is full-time and is located in Kuwait. Some travel may be required.
Please send your CV in English and tell us why you would be a good fit for this role.